Our Strong Women ambassador Emma Obayuvana demonstrates three exercises that target every single leg muscle in this quick and effective lower body workout.
When it comes to leg day, chances are that you’re ticking off squats, a few lunge variations, some calf raises, plus more to ensure you’re targeting all the right muscles. But what if you could hit every single muscle in your lower body – quads, hamstrings, glutes and calves included – with just three moves?
Strong Women trainer Emma Obayuvana from our Strong Women Collective has created this workout to do exactly that. And we’re not just talking about muscle growth: lowering yourself deeper and performing faster reps translates into more powerful movement, so lifting yourself up out of those squats won’t feel as hard. Leg day just became our favourite day of the week…
You may also like
Upper body workout: build strong triceps with these three moves
REVERSE LUNGE WITH KNEE DRIVE
- Place your right foot back behind you, lowering your right knee close to (but not touching) the ground.
- Keep the front left leg bent at 90º while keeping your shoulders down and chest open.
- Exhale as you press through the front left foot to lift your right knee up and towards your chest.
- Return the right foot back behind you.
Do 10 reps on each side
FRONT FOOT ELEVATED SPLIT SQUAT
- Place your right foot on top of a yoga block or thick book.
- Place your left foot behind you into a lunge stance.
- Bend your knees to lower your body down slowly, so that your back left knee almost touches the floor.
- Press up through your front right foot to return to the top of the movement (or starting position) while squeezing your glutes.
- Keep your hips square and shoulders down throughout the movement.
Do 10 reps on each side
- Stand with feet hip-width apart.
- Bend your knees to lower your body down and simultaneously, place your right foot behind you and to the left side of your left leg as you continue to lower your body down.
- Keep your hips square so that you are not twisting through the pelvis.
- Once your body is lowered as much as possible into this lunge variation, press back up through the heel of the left foot.
- Return back to the starting position with feet hip-width apart.
Do 10 reps on each leg
Follow @StrongWomenUK on Instagram for the latest workouts, delicious recipes and motivation from your favourite fitness experts.
Source: Read Full Article